ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall guidance of the Head Resources Management and the direct supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Officer, the incumbent will be responsible and accountable for providing necessary support to the following tasks and responsibilities in IOM Libya office:
- Assist in warehouse operations, and inventory management systems, to support program objectives including but not limited to:
• Coordinate with the Procurement and Logistics Officer regarding the reception of consignments.
• Collect detailed information for new items delivered such as Goods Receipt Notes (GRNs), waybills, invoices, purchasing orders (PO), etc.
• Ensure that the quality/quantity of goods received in warehouse is according to standard specified in the purchase orders and the goods are stored/stacked properly.
• Arrange for proper stacking of items in the warehouse. placing materials on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
• Ensure that Stock Receiving Reports are raised immediately & that stock cards / bin cards are updated immediately.
• Ensure that all warehouse dispatches are supported by a fully approved Stock Withdrawal Forms, IOM Waybills and copies are kept on file
• Ensure returned items are checked, received and record is updated .
• Making sure that the Warehouse Database is up to date at any given time.
• Report on the status of all loading, offloading, kitting, strapping, cargo movements, etc, as requested.
• Prepare weekly and monthly warehouse reports and send to the Procurement and Logistics Officer.
• Support the warehouse casual laborers when needed.
• Liaise with the Logistics Officer for planning on transportation of NFIs / Items from the warehouse
• Monitor loading and off loadings of vehicles at the warehouse. And arrange labours for these purposes.
• Ensure always the sufficient stock of packaging materials.
• Ensure maintenance and storage of warehouse tools at all times.
• Assist in counting inventory on a rotating basis to ensure accurate inventory records.
• Assist in the Mid-Year and Annual Physical Stock Counts.
• Arrange for cleaning / fumigation of the warehouse as needed.
• Arrange any kind of maintenance work in the warehouse as needed.
• Follow safe work policies and practices to protect both persons and property.
• Communicate regularly with the Procurement and Logistics Officer any potential obstacles or issues that would impede program activities.
• Take on any other tasks identified by the Procurement and Logistics Officers that may be necessary to ensure proper and timely management of warehousing function.
• Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree or similar, or higher, in business administration, Logistics, supply chain management, or any other related fields with two years of relevant experience or
• School certiticate with four years of relevant experience
• Working experience as a warehouse worker.
• Ability to prepare inventory taking including the use of inventory software, databases and systems.
• Experience with warehousing practices and methods.
• Good organizational and time management skills.
Ability to lift heavy objects
Languages: Fluency in English and Arabic
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 3
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
• Highly organized, keep track of all assigned tasks, and regular updating.
• Interfaces across units and departments within IOM to extract relevant information.
• Effectively applies specialized knowledge of logistics and procurement to timely source goods and services.
• Effectively works with vendors and service providers in compliance with IOM procedures to secure cost-effective quality solutions for IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 24 September 2019 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 10.09.2019 to 24.09.2019