Organizational Context and Scope:
Under the overall supervision of the Deputy Chief of Mission (DCoM) and the direct supervision of the Migration Health Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for providing necessary Pre-Departure Medical Screening (PDMS) and fit to travel screening for the migrants/refugees in close collaboration with the operation’s unit of IOM Libya office.
III. Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Ensure the efficient daily operations of the Migration Health Assessment Center (MHAC), in close coordination with the Migration Health Coordinator (MHC)
2. Conduct the Tripoli MHAC’s migration health assessment process to fulfil the technical requirements of the resettlement countries in the areas of:
a. Medical examinations;
c. Laboratory testing;
e. TB management;
f. Treatment and referrals;
g. Pre-departure procedures and medical movements;
h. Documentation, certification and information transmission; and,
i. Other technical areas as may be required
3. Ensure proper identification of refugees and migrants during the health assessment and record all relevant health information in standard forms; ensuring completeness and accuracy of the recorded information.
4. Perform treatment for TB and sexually transmitted infections and provide support to the HIV and counselling activities. Oversee and coordinate the management of TB cases to ensure effective TB treatment.
5. Oversee and coordinate accurate and effective provision of immunization and presumptive treatment programmes in full compliance with the technical guidelines and protocols of the resettlement countries. Assist MHC in monitoring, supervising and educating all staff in the delivery of these programmes.
6. Contribute to and maintain a system of quality improvement for each service area within the MHAC. Undertake quality control activities on a regular basis, including practice observation, desk audits and use of self-assessment tools. Use data analysis and web reporting system to monitor performance indicators. Ensure implementation of the global IOM Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); create and implement Tripoli MHAC specific SOPs for each service area. Ensure proper reporting and management of incidents according to the Guidance Note for Incident Management.
7. Organize systematic collection, processing and analyses of migration health data according to guidelines established by the Migration Health Coordinator. Ensure data quality. Provide periodic, as well as ad-hoc reporting to the MHC for Migration Health activities.
8. Ensure that all data related to heath assessment programmes is appropriately entered to Migrant Management Operational System Application (MiMOSA) and other related databases.
9. Oversee the financial aspects of the MHAC in close coordination with the mission’s finance staff: support budget preparation, suggest adjustments and cost-effective solutions, and review financial reports.
10. Provide oversight and coordinate the procurement of medical equipment, vaccines, medications and other medical supplies in coordination with the MHC and the Resource Management Unit.
11. Assist the management of medical condition/s identified during the medical screening before the migrant is fit to travel
12. Maintain collaborative working relationship with partners to ensure quality migration health activities;
13. Regularly conduct quality control of laboratory and radiology department in accordance with all requirements for IOM medical examinations.
14. Act as a medical escort assisting sick patient travelling under within country or abroad.
15. Prepare reports, statistics and program updates as necessary;
16. Ensure the confidentiality of the medical information of IOM beneficiaries.
17. Undertake duty travels as required.
18. Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
· University degree in Medicine from an accredited academic institution with at least three years of professional work experience.
· Minimum of three (3) years, post-graduation, (post internship in countries with mandatory internship programs) continuous clinical experience, preferably in a multidisciplinary hospital setting. The last clinical posting should be within the last five years; and,
- Valid license to practice within country is mandatory.
Fluency in English and Arabic are required
Advantageous: Working knowledge of French is an advantage
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators:
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter to email@example.com, by 22 September 2019 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.