ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall guidance of the Head of Resources Managment and the direct supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Officer, the incumbent will be responsible and accountable for providing necessary support to the following tasks and responsibilities in IOM Libya office:
• Assist in the implementation and monitoring aspects related to procurement and logistical needs to support IOM’s humanitarian activities including maintain systems/procedures for procurement, supply and contracting of goods/works/services, asset management, documentation, and equipment up-grading.
• Liaise with the Procurement and Logistics Officer regarding procurement requests and requirements and consolidate them.
• Verify the Purchase Requisition Forms submitted to Procurement Unit for completeness regarding needful signatures, WBS/s and the final authorization of the programme and CoM or his designated officer.
• Register all the newly procured assets in PRISM and assign respective Assets Master Numbers. Properly tag Asset QR-Code stickers on the newly procured assets reflecting the Asset Master Number generated by PRISM.
• Post all Purchase Requisitions (PRs) and Purchase Orders (POs) into PRISM FI accurately and timely; properly capture all procurement requests and commitments in the system.
• Follow-up on purchase orders status and keep customers abreast of estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions.
• Ensure through established procedures, that all received goods/works/services are in accordance with the terms and specifications of the respective PO/Contracts.
• Submit with supporting documentation Payment Requests to the Finance Unit to execute in-Mission Payments. Follow up with the Finance Unit to ensure that suppliers’ accounts are settled on time.
• Ensure that the “Assets Assignment Forms” (AAF) are signed by the recipients when assigning assets to IOM staff members for work related matters. Ensure that the “Assets Handover Forms” (AHF) are signed by the staff member when handing over assets back to stock. Then immediately update PRISM records accordingly.
• Keep proper documentation for all issued AAFs and AHFs. As well as regular update to AAF and AHF tracking sheet.
• Maintain inventory records for small/minor items that are not recorded in PRISM as assets (e.g: consumables and office supplies)
• Updating PRISM records for all existing assets in terms of completeness of information (e.g: correct description, serial number, location, room, personnel number, etc.) as well as updating PRISM records for all newly acquired assets.
• Carry out the annual assets physical count, update the list in PRISM. Keep the assets inventory records instantly updated of all IOM assets.
• Assist and ensure that Donation agreements are prepared prior program handover of beneficiary assets
• Update regularly the status of beneficiary assets, follow-up until assets are handed over to the beneficiary, prepare necessary Asset Disposal request Forms (ADF) and ensure assets are retired once the donation is made and the ADF is approved.
• Keep proper documentation for all Donation Agreements and relevant Asset Disposal Request Forms for audit purposes.
• Undertake any other duties within the incumbent’s capabilities that might be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree or similar, or higher, in business administration, Logistics, supply chain management, or any other related fields with two years of relevant experience or
• High school certificate with four years of relevant experience.
• Knowledge of legal aspects of contract management will be an added advantage.
• Effective organizational skills and ability to establish priorities and plans, ability to work under pressure and cope with deadlines.
• Good written and spoken communications skills, good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Good knowledge of MS Office applications .e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
LANGUAGES: Fluent written and spoken English and Arabic.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 3
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
• Highly organized, keep track of all assigned tasks, and regular updating.
• Interfaces across units and departments within IOM to extract relevant information.
• Effectively applies specialized knowledge of logistics and procurement to timely source goods and services.
• Effectively works with vendors and service providers in compliance with IOM procedures to secure cost-effective quality solutions for IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 24 September 2019 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 10.09.2019 to 24.09.2019.