ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non- governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall guidance of the Head of Resource Management, and the direct supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Officer, the incumbent will be responsible and accountable for providing necessary support to the following tasks and responsibilities in IOM Libya office:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Conduct regular inspection of office premises and verify that the entire office equipment are functional;
• Ensure the supply of electricity, gas and water at the office
• Conduct regular controls of office premises to identify needs for repairs, and coordinate with supervisor to conduct necessary improvements and upgrades;
• Coordinate on maintenance, including electrical network and light fixtures, water and sewage system, furniture, wall painting, carpentry, garden and A/C system;
• Coordinate and monitor the work of external contractors when conducting office related maintenance works;
• Coordinate with office cleaners on all cleaning related activities; monitor the stock of cleaning supplies;
• Ensure proper disposal and collection of garbage including payment to contractor
• Maintain stock of office consumables and keep updated records. Coordinate with supervisor the timely replenishment of the stock;
• Monitor stock and inventory of visibility items
• Verify that the office generators are operational and maintenance services are conducted in scheduled time;
• Responsible for regular fuelling of IOM generators and stocking of needed fuel.
• When required, assist the staff with movement of office equipment and furniture;
• Verify drinking water supply of designated office locations. Establish stock of drinking water that is replenished in a timely manner;
• Ensure that the office space is in compliance with the fire prevention code, follow up the refilling periods of the fire extinguishers and the batteries of the portable smoke detectors and fire alarms;
• Follow-up on invoices and monthly payments of the premises (rent, electricity, gas and water).
• Maintain a log for office conference rooms booking and assist with the catering services (lunch, cookies, fruits and soft drinks).
• Maintain stock of stationary items, kitchen supplies, furniture stock and keep updated records. Coordinate with supervisor the timely replenishment of the stock.
• Carry out the purchasing of the cleaning and kitchen supplies, and office consumables. Keep the stock records updated all the time. Ensure there is no undue overstocking or loss.
• Responsible for assigning/receiving room keys to/from International Staff arriving to/departing Tripoli as well as coordinating the cleaning of the rooms.
• Assist with monitoring the renovation and upgrading works within the facilities, that entails travels to the other locations where we have offices/clinics/warehouses/shelters/etc.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Technical skills and knowledge to use basic tools and equipment required for office maintenance.
• Previous experience as a maintenance staff minimum of four years with high school degree or minimum of two years with bachelor degree or higher
Fluency in English is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 3
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Highly organized, keep track of all assigned tasks, and regular updating.
- Interfaces across units and departments within IOM to extract relevant information.
- Effectively applies specialized knowledge of logistics and procurement to timely source goods and services.
- Effectively works with vendors and service providers in compliance with IOM procedures to secure cost-effective quality solutions for IOM
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 24 September 2019 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 10.09.2019 to 24.09.2019